All club members registered with Flipside Gymnastics receive coverage for accidents occurring during instruction classes. This includes participants, coaches, judges, facilitators and supporters.
Accident insurance only covers situations where an injury takes place because of an accident during the sanctioned gymnastic activity.
Flipside's accident insurance is secondary coverage only and does not provide primary accident insurance. It applies over and above coverage provided by government and private health insurance plans.
If a member does not have other primary accident insurance (ie. BC Medical Plan) then Flipside insurance policy coverage stated in this article does not apply.
Accident Policy Specifics
For each separate accident, the policy may pay up to:
- Accidental death & dismemberment limit: $15,000
- Permanent total disability limit: $30,000
- Accident reimbursement limit: $10,000 (costs not insured by the Provincial Medical Services Plan, including medical braces, emergency ambulance, excess physiotherapy, prescription drugs for the injury, etc)
- Dental accident limit: $5,000
- Fracture indemnity: From $50 to $500.
- Physiotherapy limited to $30 per visit with a maximum of $300 per accident.
- Treatment must be completed within 52-weeks from date of each accident
Limitations and Exclusions
No accident insurance benefit shall be payable for any loss resulting directly or indirectly, wholly or partially from any of the following causes:
- purchase, repair, or replacement of eyeglasses, contact lenses or prescriptions thereof (except as otherwise provided);
- sickness or disease either as a cause or effect;
- any intentionally self-inflicted injury;
- any benefits that are available under any Government Health Insurance Plan, whether enrolled in such a plan or non dental and/or other expense benefits shall be for the excess of expenses payable under any other benefit plan or policy;
- an insured person who is not a resident of any Canadian province that has enacted Medical Care Legislation unless stated specifically in this policy.
Additional Policy Information
- Accident policy coverage applies only to appropriately club registered members (ie. casual, recreational, interclub, competitive, coach, judge etc.)
- Accident policy coverage does not apply to birthday parties, one-time visitors, associate member programs, or other non-member activities.
- One-time visitors (non-members) may be party participants or guest participants in a one-time event. One-time events might include workshops and special event days such as bring-a-friend day, gym promotional days, parent days, etc.
- Drop-in participants are NOT considered one-time (non-member) visitors due to the need for a prior readiness assessment. These participants should be registered, at a minimum, as casual members if they drop-in 5 or fewer times annually, or recreational members if they drop-in more than 5 times annually.
General Liability Insurance
Flipside's general liability insurance policy is a broad type of insurance policy which provides liability insurance to Flipside for general business risks. General Liability claims are waived by all registered members at the time of Registration.